Tuesday, October 13, 2009

What Happened....

Calamity! What happens when a diva/product whore runs out of outrageously overpriced product??!! You are reading this because this very tragedy befell me several months ago and I was not able to procure more of my various favorite silky potions. If you don't know me well, then I'll tell you that I am addicted to beauty creams. Moisturizers, daytime spf creams, day serums, night serums, eye serums, eye creams, scrubs, peels and pads. That is just the pre make up routine. The make up is also an involved process all with the intent of looking like I am wearing not much at all. Not so objectively, I'd say most of the time I come close to hitting my target. So now the the bling bling era is over (temporarily) and the recession has visited my general vicinity, I've had to creatively find ways to maintain some semblance of a youthful glow. For six months I did nothing save some vitamin e and olive oil treatments here and there. Then I had a nervous breakdown. I missed my bottles and jars and their various scents. I missed my cold masks and horror of horrors (!) I found a line or two on my face. Oh hell no! Clearly I had to take action. I had been getting mailers for Avon for at least six months and have decided to give a couple of products a try. This blog will follow my trials and experiments with the various products from my own unique point of view. My degree is in chemistry so with all of my beauty products I'm always wanting to know exactly what the activating ingredients are and how they work on my skin which happens to be extremely sensitive. As I go forward, I will share my little findings with you and try to guide you toward things that I think work. I also decided to to become and rep and so far it's been highly informative and fun. Will I use solely Avon products? Of course not. But they are working their way into my extensive multi step beauty routine and have certainly saved me during crunch times. Listen, times may be rough, but surely your skin shouldn't be! Jeezus. Anyway, questions and comments, esp. from my scientist peeps are welcome and appreciated. If you'd like to purchase feel free to do it through my site www.youravon.com/kiaglover for free delivery straight to your door. If you'd like more info on becoming a rep yourself contact me at kia4avon@gmail.com

Now, on to to the POTIONS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment